I guess this is my ode to 2013. Wow has it been an interesting year. Very hard to believe I've done 999 blog posts! I've come so far in 3 years. Let's make today a good one ok? I want to celebrate my 999 post with 9 things that made 2013 fab! You ready?
- I have the best boyfriend in the world. I love you Ricky and I am so grateful for every moment we have together. From spending the summer together to our road trip to VA it's been a great year baby. I hope we have many more years like this.
- I finished a complete screenplay! Ok it needs heavy revisions but I did it. In 2 weeks!! Crazy. It made me realize if I can put my mind to it nothing can stop me.
- My friends. I don't get to see them as often as I like but I have the best friends a girl could ask for. I have friends who if I needed them would be there for me in a moment. I'd like to think that's a testament to my own kindness but I think it's a testament to how great the people in my life are.
- Growing as a blogger. This doesn't mean I am famous or anything. It means I learned what I will and won't do and why I blog. Let's just say I found my line in the sand.
- My mom. AKA the strongest person I have ever met. She's holding my family together and I don't know what any of us would do without her.
- New Jersey! I'm a Jersey girl for life. This year made me very proud of my state and I hope it continues. Jersey Strong!
- Good movies. Frozen came out this year and me and my boyfriend saw a bunch of good stuff this summer. There's also hope for 2014 and movies.
- TV. Agents of Shield. That is all.
- Me. Ok that sounds vain but if I don't love me who will? I have to give myself credit for not giving up and for giving my all every chance I could. I have been tested, pushed to my limits and thought I should give up. However I learned how strong I am. Stronger than I ever thought possible. I know I don't share a lot on here and so it may be hard to believe but this was a really trying year. My family is going through a lot and I'm just trying to hold on some days. But "here I stand and here I'll stay. Let the storm rage on. The cold never bothered me anyway"!
Happy New Year guys and dolls! May 2014 be 1000x more fabulous than this year was. Love, Dragyn.