|I love brightly colored packaging!|
Disclaimer: I was given a sample box of KRAVE Jerky to try and review. That is all I was given. All opinions are my own.
|Own your brand!|
Now I have eaten a lot of jerky in my life. I've been a jerky fan since age 9 and I am older than that... I have tried many name brands and nothing compares to this jerky.
KRAVE Jerky is the most flavorful and tender jerky I have ever had. It was tender from beginning to end and that has never happened to me with jerky. In fact, I thought jerky being tough was par for the course. Boy was I wrong! Also the flavors were magical! (I'm not exaggerating.) They were bright and rich but didn't detract from the flavors of the meat.
I was able to try 5 of KRAVE Jerky's flavors so let me give you the run down on each one. I will also say that this are ordered from my least to most favorite, but these are MY person preferences and I did LOVE them all. Also someday I would like to pair these with drinks so I actually made up my own little pairings in my head and decided to share them with you (no drinking until you're 21!).
- Garlic Chili Pepper(beef): Mostly spicy and slightly sweet. Leaves a slow burn in your mouth after eaten. If you like spice you'll think this is mild. If you have an aversion to spice it's not bad but is spicy. I think this would be best paired with a lager beer.
- Chili Lime (beef): Very spicy. Instant burn but bright flavors because of the lime and slightly sweet. Would pair best with a tequila sunrise or margarita.
- Sweet Chipotle (beef): Don't let the name fool you this is spicy. The first thing you taste is the strong brown sugar-like sweetness. Then the fiery peppers kick in for a slow lasting burn. Dark rum or a Rum Runner cocktail would be really good with this.
- Lemon Garlic (turkey): I never thought I would like turkey jerky but I do. Tender and moist with flavor permeating it. Sweet and not overpowered with the taste of lemon. The lemon and garlic is balanced. Not spicy. A Moscato wine would be really good with this.
- Smokey Grilled Teriyaki (pork): This is the one I wanted to keep forever! But I ate it up. Sweetest of the jerky I tried. Almost tasted as if it were covered in sugar. Mild flavor and tangy. Exactly how a good teriyaki should taste. This one was also the hardest one for me to imagine a pair for because frankly after I tasted it I didn't want anything else. But if I HAD to I'm thinking light beer or sake.
KRAVE Jerky would be a GREAT gift for the carnivore in the family. A sample pack like this is $35 and that includes shipping. I say pick 5 interesting sounding flavors and go to town! Don't trust my taste buds? Try it for yourself! \
Below you can win your own "sample" (full bags remember!) pack. Many will enter, one will win and KRAVE Jerky will send you a box to try. Read all of the rules in the rafflecopter and when in doubt go to the giveaway tips and tricks. Good luck!!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway