|Picture by Picturing Disney|
- Tell me about yourself. I am a 9th grade Social Studies
teacher from New York. I have been married to my high school sweetheart
and best friend for 3 years and we have an adorable Lab/Pointer mix
that I treat like my child.
- What sparked your love of Disney (or whatever your site is about)? I
think on some level I always loved Disney. I remember the first time I
was really obsessed was when Beauty and the Beast came out. I was 10
or 11 and our local paper had a different segment of a Beauty and the
Beast Christmas comic in it each day for a month or so. I would rush to
get the paper, cut out the comic, and read what happened on the few
cells released each day.
- Where did the idea for your site come from? I never knew
what to do with all my Disney pictures but had outgrown only using one
or two on articles for sites I was writing for. At the same time I
didn't want to stop taking them so that is what the idea was born from.
- What is your site about? I have a photoblog and mainly
aim to simply share a little Disney magic and some Disney love every
day. You can pop over for a new Disney pic each day as well as some
articles and reviews. I like the idea that at the most stressful or
mundane moment of a work day you can simply head over to Picturing
Disney and have a little pick-me-up-pic to bring you a little sunshine.
- Who works on your site? Just me, Melissa :)
- Who is the intended audience of your site? Anyone who loves Disney!
- What makes your site different from others? I
think a lot of Disney sites do too much or stretch out in many
directions. Maybe this wont be your go to spot for trip planning advice
or discount releases but a picture is worth a thousand words.
- If you could give people one reason to check out your site what would it be? I
put so much of my heart in it that from one Disney lover to another, I
don't think other photoblogs have the same attention to detail I bring.
- How can the Lair's readers find out more about your site? Head on over to www.PicturingDisney.com and hit the "About" tab at the top of the page.
- If you could be any Disney character who would you be? I think I would have to go with Belle- man I wish I had that library!
- Favorite theme park? Disney World's Magic Kingdom
- Favorite movie? Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King, Little Mermaid- I can't really pick one!
- Favorite ride? I can't pick just one so I would say my Top 5 are: Soarin, Spaceship Earth, Splash Mountain, Pirates, and Small World
- Favorite resort? Polynesian
- Favorite non-Disney thing? Harry Potter!!
- What's the hardest thing about running your site? It makes me want to run away to Disney on a daily basis! lol!
- What's the best thing about running your site? Meeting new amazing Disney people!
- Besides DragynAlly, who's your favorite dragon? Pete!