Hey gang your friendly neighborhood Dragyn here! I am going on the Dream in a little over a week (YAY!!!) and I am beyond excited to see the new ship and to go on my first cruise. There is so much to do aboard the new ship I am so worried that I will be overwhelmed! Especially considering that this trip is actually a Disney fan meet courtesy of of WDW Radio and Mouse Fan Travel... Meaning that I will be on a boat with over 500 other Disney fans.
Can I be honest with you guys? (Warning! This post might be negative for a little while. If you only want pixie dust skip to the bottom where "The list of stuff I am excited for on the Disney Dream" is posted!) I love Disney and I am to some extent a people person. But 500 people is a lot and I am so scared. The thoughts running through my head include (but are not limited to): What if they don't like me? What if they think I am weird? What if they're upset that I am not as hardcore about Disney as they are? I am trapped for 4 days on a boat with people who have never met me.
Well I guess I have met a few. 2 to be exact. My roommate Cheryl who-along with her husband Todd- is my first Disney friend. And I recently met Marc who is another writer for the WDW Fan Zone and a great guy. So I have that. And then there is the hope that with so much to do on board that is I ever need space or to get away there is something to do and somewhere to go.
I guess my worst fear is that I am jinxing myself before I even get there. Who knows? Maybe I will be the life of the party and I will make a lot of great new friends. I really hope so. And it'll be so nice to meet all the great tweeple I talk to everyday in 3D! In fact just that thought makes me smile.
Ok now that I have gotten my concerns out of the way let's talk about what I am excited for!
The list of stuff I am excited for on the Disney Dream (in no particular order):
- The AquaDuck! This clear lazy river/water slide appeals to my thrill seeking side.
- Remy! This adults only restaurant is a foodie dream(pun!) with a chef's table style menu and some of the best wine on board! (yay food)
- The restaurants! Ok back to food but really with items like Shrimp and Caramelized Onion Cheese Cake (yum!) my inner foodie is having a field day!
- The swim up bar... Wait I don't think you heard me... SWIM UP BAR! I have loved water since infancy and a good drink since (well I won't go into that) but the point is this combines two of my great loves.
- The shore excursions! I have only booked two but I am going to ride in a glass bottom boat in Nassau and I am petting stingrays in Castaway Cay!
- The District! Can you say "adult only night clubs"? Of course. I knew you could.
- The Midship Detective Agency! This game from what I can tell is akin to the Kim Possible game in Epcot... That works for me.
- PIRATE NIGHT!!! That is all.
- The Broadway style shows! I love the theater and do not get enough of it in my real life.
- Sitting in my stateroom and looking at the ocean out my window... Yeah. That might be my favorite part.