I am beyond thankful for facebook, twitter, and social networking in general! Why you may ask? Well let's start with the small reasons and work our way up to the biggest reason of all.
1. Social networking gives me an outlet for boredom
2. It inspired me to start this blog
3. It helps me connect to people with similar interests: coffee, Disney, etc
4. Social networking helps me keep up with current events
5. I can make new friends
6. I can see what's up with my friends all over the world
7. Social networking brought people and opportunities into my life I would not have found otherwise
8. It has given me travel opportunities because of people I met and kept in touch with. I would not have gone to England, France, or the Disney Dream cruise without social networking.
9. Social networking makes me feel less alone. Truth be told I am either really awesome in a group or on facebook and twitter but in my everyday life I lack awesomeness. Hard to believe but true.
10. And lastly and most importantly I was a military brat and moved around a lot. I think I moved 5 times before I was 12. I had a hard time making friends because I was always the new kid. I was also very awkward and a little shy. And sadly by the time I would make a friend that felt like a real friend it was time to move again. I used to tell other kids that there was no point in being my friend because I would just forget them as soon as I moved. (Wow did it just get real in here?) Back to the point now as an adult I have facebook, twitter, and all of it and I never have to worry about keeping in touch or losing contact with people I care about. My once 1 to 2 year friendships can grow and last for so many more years.
And that is why I am thankful oh so thankful for social networking! ♥
Happy Thanksgiving All!